Catalytic Converters contain precious metals that can add up for a thief willing to spend a few hours a night cutting the parts from exhaust systems beneath vehicles. Around our community and beyond, catalytic converter thefts have increased. It only takes minutes for criminals to pull up and steal your converter. Most become aware that their catalytic converter has been stolen when the vehicle starts with a gravelly roar.
Thieves are known to target the following vehicles:
- 2001–2021 Toyota Prius.
- 2011–2017 Chrysler 200.
- 1987–2019 Toyota Camry.
- 1997–2020 Honda CR-V.
- 2005–2021 Chevrolet Equinox.
- 1999–2021 Chevrolet Silverado.
- 1990–2022 Ford Econoline/E-Series.
- 2007–2017 Jeep Patriot.
- 1989–2020 Honda Accord
- 1985–2021 Ford F-series
To prevent catalytic converter theft, follow these tips:
- Park in well-lit areas and, if possible, near cameras.
- Etch your plate number or VIN onto your converter.
- Install an anti-theft device.
It is essential that these crimes are reported to the police department. If you need assistance, contact us.