A heat advisory is currently in effect.
The combination of heat and humidity can be dangerous. It’s essential to take precautions.
- Stay in an air conditioned place, especially during the hottest part of the day (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.). To find your closest cooling center, visit maps.nyc.gov/beattheheat.
- Stay Hydrated. Drink plenty of water.
- Check in on friends, family, and neighbors who you know are more sensitive to heat. If you or someone you know is experiencing symptoms of heat illness, like hot skin, trouble breathing, nausea, and confusion, call 911.
- Drivers – be alert and mindful of kids and adults using fire hydrant spray caps.
- Be prepared in case the power goes out.
- Call 911 immediately if you see children, pets, or those who require special care locked in a parked car during periods of intense summer heat.